Saturday, April 25, 2009

The Legendary Beard of Spock

Hello again everyone, Fat Luggage here! Now, I was lucky enough to catch an advance screening of the new Star Trek film last Thursday. I wrote a review somewhere else on the internet, and I gave it a 9 out of 10. It was a GREAT movie! It had everything a good movie should have, a great story, an amazing cast, good humor, awesome action, stunning visuals, etc. However, it was missing one thing that probably would have given it a higher rating from me, awesome beards. As much as I recall from the film, there was not a single bearded person in the movie. I could be wrong, and I could just be forgetting someone, or there were some beards, but they just weren't awesome. (Correct me if I am wrong on this. With a comment)

But, it did remind of the original Star Trek episode entitled, "Mirror, Mirror," in which an ion storm causes a transporter malfunction and the team transports onto a strange version of the USS Enterprise. It's not actually the USS Enterprise, it's the Imperial Starship Enterprise (ISS Enterprise). Holy crap! They were in a parallel universe and that universe had a goateed version of Spock! Which looked something like this:


"Mirror, Mirror" originally aired on October 6, 1967.

No comments:

Post a Comment